News and Events
There's always something new going on at Mary A. Otondo Elementary. Stop by this page often for more information on special events and awards as well as informational articles!
We want to keep all our students, staff, and visitors safe! Below are some tips to remain safe throughout the school year.
- Parents/visitors are not permitted on the school playgrounds unless there is a special class/grade level/school activity.
- Students should not arrive at school before 8:15 a.m. unless they will be attending Right At School.
- Parents dropping off students should only do so in the drop-off lane. Please pull forward as far as possible to help facilitate drop offs. (Use north crosswalk.)
- Please do not drop students off in other areas of the parking lot.
- Parents escorting students may use either crosswalk. Unescorted students please use the north crosswalk.
- At morning drop-off, students grades one through five are to enter the playground area through the front gate, closest to the south crosswalk by the end of wing C. Parents/visitors are not permitted on the school playgrounds.
- Dismissal time is very busy in the front hallway. Parents, please wait for children outside under the trees, weather permitting.
- We do not permit parents/visitors in any part of the building without permission, signing in, and wearing a visitor’s pass obtained from school office personnel. When you are ready to leave, please sign out at the office and remove your pass.
- We do not allow pets on campus unless you have made prior arrangements with school administration.
Don’t be a U.F.O. (Unidentified Friend of Otondo) Please check in at the office and obtain a visitor’s pass.