News and Events
There's always something new going on at Mary A. Otondo Elementary. Stop by this page often for more information on special events and awards as well as informational articles!
We want to keep all our students, staff, and visitors safe! Below are some tips to remain safe throughout the school year.
- Parents/visitors are not permitted on the school playgrounds unless there is a special class/grade level/school activity.
- Students should not arrive at school before 8:15 a.m. unless they will be attending Right At School.
- Parents dropping off students should only do so in the drop-off lane. Please pull forward as far as possible to help facilitate drop-offs. (Use north crosswalk.)
- Please do not drop students off in other areas of the parking lot.
- Parents escorting students may use either crosswalk. Unescorted students please use the north crosswalk.
- At morning drop-off, students grades 1 through 5 are to enter the playground area through the front gate, closest to the south crosswalk by the end of wing C. Parents/visitors are not permitted on the school playgrounds.
- Dismissal time is very busy in the front hallway. Parents, please wait for children outside, under the trees, weather permitting.
- Parents/visitors are not permitted in any part of the building without permission, signing in, and wearing a visitor’s pass obtained from school office personnel. When you are ready to leave, please sign out at the office and remove your pass.
Don’t be a U.F.O. (Unidentified Friend of Otondo) Please check in at the office and obtain a visitor’s pass.
September's lifeskill is responsibility! Responsibility means “I am the one that gets things done!” It means doing what's required, needed, or expected of us.
Otondo Coyotes are responsible when:
- They follow class, school and District rules and procedures.
- They complete and turn in on time all required/requested work/homework.
- They set an appropriate behavior example for other students.
- They are a friend and helper to everyone.
Our PTO fall fundraiser begins September 11! We encourage students to participate in this fundraiser by taking orders for Arizona Fundraisers products from their friends and family under parent/guardian supervision. There is no door-to door selling. Students will bring home information about the fundraiser.
Students must turn in completed fundraising forms, cash, and checks to their teachers on Tuesday, September 25. The PTO will use the funds to support students and staff during the school year. Please help your child participate in this fund raising effort if possible. Thank You!
Our school supply lists are now available. Get a jump start on your back-to-school prep and buy your supplies early. Please see our supply lists for the supplies needed for each grade. We hope you are having a wonderful summer and look forward to seeing everyone soon!